Thursday, March 31, 2016

Travelling through the Central Part of Namibia

Namibia - the land in the south-west of Africa between the Orange River in the south and the Kunene River in the north - is a barren land, like from another star, but still inviting and strangely familiar. Namibia is a paradise for photographers, a land of contrasts and clear colours. Those who are looking for peace and stillness and enjoy mesmerising landscapes and wide desert expanse, are going to fall in love with Namibia, one of the least populated countries in the world. Namibia is Africa at its best, with friendly, natural people, with endless savannah and bushland and an amazingly diverse animal world, protected in the vast Etosha National Park and in many other game reserves. Namibia is an adventure, but one doesn't need to be an adventurer to experience this country. A well maintained road network, comfortable hotels, lodges and guestfarms make travelling a pleasure.  


Starting point is the capital city of Windhoek with its various sights. On the way to the Atlantic coast one passes through the scenic Erongo mountains with the Spitzkoppe, Namibia's "Matterhorn".

From there the journey goes through the Namib Desert to the seaside town of Swakopmund with its numerous old buildings from the German colonial era. A stunning road along the sea leads to the neighboring town of Walvis Bay, situated around a wide lagoon with flamingoes, pelicans and many other sea birds.

At Henties Bay the road turns inland, passes the Brandberg massif and further to the famous rock engravings of Twyfelfontein in arid Damaraland. Grandiose wide landscapes are the companions on the drive. On it goes via Outjo to the vast Etosha National Park with its amazing game stock. One leaves the reserve in the east near Camp Namutoni through the Lindequist Gate. On the way back to Windhoek one gets through the towns of Tsumeb, Grootfontein pass the Waterberg Plateau Park. Recommended is a side trip to the Herero villages of Okakarara.

For this part of Namibia a four-wheel drive is usually not required. Most roads are tarred and the gravel roads are in good condition. There is ample accommodation available in all the places, ranging from luxury lodges to campgrounds. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Isiyku Abdulahi
    My ex-boyfriend dumped me one week ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the Internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Believe. You are truly talented and gifted.He is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop talking about him because he is a wonderful man. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183


    ReplyDelete