Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Canyon Nature Park

At 45 000ha, the park is a vast and rugged landscape of flat-topped rocky mountains and dry plains. A myriad of washes and side ravines carve deep furrows down to the main canyon. Fascinating plants and trees adapted to this harsh environment add splashes of green and feed the wildlife that survive against the odds.

This corner of Namibia’s south is largely undeveloped and the spectacular landscape offers guests a true sense of undiscovered wilderness.

There are over 100 endemic succulents including the largest, the Aloe dichotoma, popularly known as the ‘Kokerboom’, or Quiver Tree as well as over 1 600 other plant species. 

The rare and endemic Hartmann’s mountain zebra are a common sighting, as are springbok, gemsbok (oryx), kudu, steenbok and klipspringers.

Though the river runs seasonally in the summer time, permanent rock pools are home to small-and large-mouth yellowfish, sharptooth catfish and water monitors. There are a variety of birds including black eagle, olive thrush, Cape robin-chat and African black duck.




1 comment:

  1. Isiyku Abdulahi
    My ex-boyfriend dumped me one week ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the Internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Believe. You are truly talented and gifted.He is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop talking about him because he is a wonderful man. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183


    ReplyDelete