Friday, January 15, 2016

Ice cold in Africa: What to drink in Namibia's beer town

Namibian capital Windhoek has a population of just 322,000 but produces more than a dozen beers, Windhoek Lager and the slightly darker Tafel Lager and Hansa Pilsner are among local favorites. 


Most of the beers made in Namibia are for export, fueled by a legendary commitment to the reinheitsgebot.
 
 German Tradition


In winter, NamBrew produces Urbock dark beers, made with Munich barley malt into recipes steeped in Germanic traditions.

Tafel Lager

While most Namibian beers have always been made in the capital of Windhoek, some like Tafel Lager and Hansa Pilsner, originate from the tiny seaside city of Swakopmund. 
  
Beer that tastes like tea
 
On the craftier side is Camelthorn Weizen, on tap when it's available. Also an amber, it's made with ingredients imported from South Africa, Europe and the United States for a slightly different taste. Camelthorn started out as a promising independent brewer, but has been absorbed into the NamBrew empire. It's experimented with different flavors, including rooiboos, the red bush popular for tea in southern Africa.

Really comparing the quality of all Namibia's beers to the imports requires a trip to Joe's Beer House. 

 Joe's Beer House


Serves hearty food to accompany the beers and also has one of the biggest selections of game on any menu, anywhere : kudu loin, zebra steak, oryx schnitzel are a sampling.
'Ice cold in Africa'

1 comment:

  1. Isiyku Abdulahi
    My ex-boyfriend dumped me one week ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the Internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Believe. You are truly talented and gifted.He is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop talking about him because he is a wonderful man. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183


    ReplyDelete